Saturday, February 20, 2016

I have read “Girl” on several occasions, both for classes like this, and once on my own volition. As for the other stories, they were new to me. I have mentioned that I try my best to take a neutral standpoint about almost any issue I see, though I am only human and it is quite impossible not to be moved at all, or be uninfluenced. When it comes down to it, I’d just like the best for everyone. But I suppose this is beside the point for our most recent discussions.
If I have an opinion it is that there are still lessons in this world to learn and though it may not be my job to be loud and expressive just yet, those who take the opportunity, or have a natural talent with voice are important people. Even if an agreement cannot be reached I believe it is necessary to at least listen to others, and with hope, have the same favor returned.

Reading stories like “Girl”, “Even the Queen”, and “The Yellow Wallpaper” which all take obvious, and perhaps different standpoints due to certain backgrounds, of course, is meant to invoke thought. My point is that regardless of relating to these positions, they are highly representative of demographics that exist no matter what. In particular, stories like “Even the Queen” I feel do a proficient job of expressing multiple views, being of course, two different womanly perspectives on natural cycles. It is interesting to see how either side claims to be “freedom”, though it is apparent that the writing is a satirical statement in favor of one side over the other. That, I would say, proves the necessity for observation and acceptance. If I may take the quote from the story: “A free society has to be based on respecting others’ opinions and leaving each other alone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment